There is good news for BQ Aquaris M5 users. LineageOS 14 is now available to install on BQ Aquaris M5 with Android 7.0 Nougat. Here you’ll find how to install LineageOS on BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo) with a step-by-step guide. LineageOS is a perfect alternative ROM available for your device, which now available with latest Android version.
Below you’ll find all the necessary or required files to install LineageOS on BQ Aquaris M5. There are also some other requirements you need to fulfill before start installing the ROM. Make sure your device meets all the requirements to avoid unsuccessful attempts.
Without talking much, let’s start installing LineageOS 14 on BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo).
Install LineageOS on BQ Aquaris M5
At first, let’s check all the requirements and fulfill them to start the process to install LineageOS on BQ Aquaris M5.
You’ll need to have a custom recovery installed on your M5 to flash the ROM file. If you don’t have the custom recovery installed follow the steps given below to install TWRP custom recovery on your device.
When we talk about the custom recovery, TWRP is one of the best custom recoveries that you can install on your device; it is also very simple to install TWRP on your Android phone. Simply follow the steps given below:
- At first download the necessary TWRP.img file from the download link provided below
- After downloading the TWRP file, move it to your PC’s ADB folder and rename it to recovery.img
- After that boot your device into fastboot mode by holding volume down (or volume up) and the power button at the same time
- Once you are in the fastboot mode, connect the device with PC using USB cable
- Now open command window on ADB folder by holding shift and then right click
- On the command window type below line to check if the device is connected to the PC
- Once you get confirmation that the device is connected with the PC type the command below to start flashing TWRP file
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it; you have successfully installed TWRP custom recovery on your BQ Aquaris M5.
Download LineageOS file for BQ Aquaris M5
You can download the LineageOS file for BQ Aquaris M5 from below in a single click. There are two options available for you, one file is an experimental file, and one is the final release. It is recommended to go with the final version of LineageOS to avoid bugs and all. To start downloading the file, simply click on the download link given below and start downloading LineageOS latest file for your device.
Steps to install LineageOS on BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo)
After installing the custom recovery and downloaded the file, you are ready to start installing LineageOS on your phone. At last make sure to take backup of all of your necessary or important files like images, videos or other files. Also, try to maintain at least 40% of battery power to avoid the unexpected shutdown while flashing the OS.
Let’s start to install LineageOS on BQ Aquaris M5.
- At first power off your phone
- Now boot your device to recovery menu
- Once you are in the recovery menu, wipe the data of your device
- Now go back to the recovery home and click on the install button
- From there select the LineageOS.zip file you have downloaded
- After that, it will ask you to swipe the screen to start flashing the ROM
- Slide the screen to start installing the ROM and wait for a dew minutes
- The process will take a few minutes
- Once the procedure completes boot to the system by clicking to reboot system button on recovery menu
That’s it, you have successfully installed LineageOS on Bq Aquaris M5 device. If you are unable to use Google services on your device you’ll need to install Gapps ( Google Apps ) on your phone by flashing .zip file. You’ll be able to install Gapps file on your device by clicking this link.
That’s how you can install LineageOS on BQ Aquaris M5. LineageOS 14 is featured with Android 7.0 Nougat. If you face any problem while installing the ROM on your device, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll look into your issue.