LineageOS is now also available for HTC devices. In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how you can install LineageOS on HTC One M8 (2014) device. With LineageOS 14, you’ll be able to taste Android Nougat on your HTC m8 device. HTC m8 is a great smartphone with very satisfying performance, and now with LineageOS, you can enjoy the latest version of Android in it.
Likewise, you’ll find all the necessary or required files to install LineageOS on HTC One M8 (2014) below. Also, there are some requirements you’ll need to fulfill before start installing LineageOS on your HTC m8.
Without talking much let’s initiate the procedure to install LineageOS on HTC One M8 (2014).
Install LineageOS on HTC One M8 (2014)
Before starting the installation process, make sure that your device meets the requirements mentioned below.
You’ll need to have the custom recovery installed on your device to flash the OS file. If your HTC One M8 has no custom recovery installed, follow the steps mentioned below to install TWRP recovery on your device.
- At first download the TWRP file from the link given below
- Now boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing volume down and power button at the same time
- Once you are in the fastboot mode, connect the device to PC using USB cable
- Now rename the downloaded TWRP file to twrp.img and move it to the ADB folder on your PC
- On the ADB folder open the command window by pressing shift+right click
- Now type the below command to install TWRP custom recovery on HTC One M8
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
That’s it; You have successfully installed TWRP custom recovery on your HTC One M8.
Download LineageOS file for HTC One M8 (2014)
Now you’ll need to download the LineageOS file for HTC One M8. The file can be download from the link given below, it is free and just one click download file. Click on the download link provided below and start downloading LineageOS 14 for HTC One M8.
Before starting the installation process, make sure to take backup of all the important files on your device, such as images videos and other files. Also, try to maintain at least 30% of battery power to avoid the unexpected shutdown while installing the OS.
Steps to install LineageOS on HTC One M8 (2014)
After confirming that your device meets all the requirements, you are ready to install LineageOS on HTC One M8. Follow the steps mentioned below to install LineageOS on your HTC M8.
- At first boot your HTC One M8 into recovery mode, you can do this by pressing volume up (or volume down) and the power button at the same time
- Once you are in the recovery menu, wipe the data of your device
- Now click on the install option from the recovery menu
- There choose the LineageOS.zip file you have downloaded
- After selecting the file, it will ask you to slide the screen to start installing the ROM
- Just slide the screen to start flashing the LineageOS on your HTC M8
This process with take a minute and once it is done, click on the system reboot option from the recovery menu and that’s it.
The first boot after installing the LineageOS will take a few minutes. If you are unable to use Google Play Services on the device after installing the LineageOS. You’ll need to install the Gapps on your device; you can download the Gapps by clicking this link.
That’s exactly how you can install LineageOS on HTC One M8 (2014). LineageOS 14 is made up with taking Android 7.0 Nougat in the heart. If you face any problem with installing LineageOS on your HTC One M8 device, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll look into your issue.