If you are not much comfortable or happy with Android Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with CyanogenMod 12 because of the bugs or other annoying things, here I’m going to show you how you can downgrade or restore the stock ROM (CyanogenMod 11) on Yu Yureka.
Below I have added the full step-by-step guide on downgrading from CM12 to CM11 on Yu Yureka. You can upgrade your device using the unofficial version of CM12 which contains lots of bugs. In case you want to move back to the stock ROM of Yu Yureka, this article will solve your problem.
LineageOS 14.1 Coming Soon for Yu Yureka
There is also a good news available for Yu Yureka users, LineageOS 14.1 is coming soon for Yu Yureka devices with Android 7.1.1 Nougat inside. Stay tuned for the official launch notification on LineageOS for YU Yureka. Currently, LineageOS is available for Yu Yunique device.
There are also some requirements that you need to fulfill before starting the downgrade procedure on your Yu Yureka device. You’ll find all the information on restoring stock ROM on Yu Yureka below.
Restore Stock ROM, CyanogenMod 11 on Yu Yureka [How-To]
Before moving to the steps of downgrading Yu Yureka to CyanogenMod 11, let’s have a look at the precautions and requirements that you need to fulfill.
Taking backup is a smart move. If you have some important file on your device, you must take backup of them before moving back to the stock ROM. The process you are going to follow to restore stock ROM on Yu Yureka will remove all of the data from your phone. So take backup of all the important files, images, SMS, that you’ll need in future.
- Take Backup of SMS
- Take Backup of Contacts
- Take Backup of Call Logs
- Take Backup of Files
- Take Backup of Media (Image/ Video)
After taking backup of the necessary files or archive, now you need to fulfill the requirements mentioned below for the successful downgrade.
- At least 75% battery power
- USB Debugging enabled
DISCLAIMER: Try or follow the method listed below at your risk. We will be not responsible for any damage caused to your device by following the steps. However, we have personally tested the method, and it worked perfectly.
After fulfilling all the requirements mentioned above, you are ready to proceed with the steps to restore Stock ROM on Yu Yureka.
Steps to restore stock ROM, CyanogenMod 11 on Yu Yureka
- At first, you’ll need to download the stock ROM (CyanogenMod 11) for Yu Yureka. Click here to download the stock ROM for your device and extract it
- Now download the flashing tool package by clicking here and extract the folder to the same (above) folder
- Now power off Yu Yureka and boot it to the bootloader/ fastboot mode
- Once you are in the fastboot mode, connect the device to PC using USB cable
- Now run the flash-all.bat file as administrator
- Once you run the file, it will automatically open a command window and start flashing the ROM files to your Yu Yureka.
- Once the flashing procedure finishes, disconnect the device from PC and power on your device (sometimes it get power up automatically)
- And you are all done!
That’s how you can restore the stock ROM on Yu Yureka device or CyanogenMod 11. CyanogenMod is now closed and expecting an official CM14 update doesn;t make any sense. Also have a look at out Game Guardian app which is just amazing. However, you’ll be able to upgrade your Yu Yureka device to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using the LineageOS Custom ROM.
If you loved the tutorial do share it with your friends and let them know how to restore stock ROM, CyanogenMod 11 on Yu Yureka. Also, if you face any problem by following the steps mentioned above, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll fix it for you.